For more than 30 years, people from all walks of life have been coming to Shalom Mountain and experiencing transformation and healing in their journey of self-discovery. Many people are searching for a new direction in life or to deepen their spiritual journeys. People in partnered relationship come to find new paths in loving each other, with a desire to be fully alive in their relationships. Some come to heal old wounds that they have carried for too long and now want to lay down. Others arrive here because they need to grieve their losses and know joy once again.
Ultimately, Shalom Mountain offers a place to call home in your quest for the true self. This is what we call the Journey to God. Here we honor the One of Many Names—God, Higher Power, Allah, the Divine.
A Shalom Retreat™ is a place where you can know yourself as whole, complete and lovable—an embodied, emotional, spiritual being. We celebrate the body’s wisdom and its gifts. You can learn to unblock the stuck places and open your heart once again. The retreat takes place within a circle of people, supported by intentional loving, where you can experience a focused time for your own individual work.
Here we discover that love is an art and a skill that can be learned. Here we learn and practice the Principles and Skills of Loving that echo what the masters have taught us about love:
- More than anything else, we want to love and be loved.
- Love is a gift.
- Love is a response to need.
A Shalom Retreat™ has these essential elements:
- Skilled and compassionate leadership.
- Experiential exercises grounded in Western psychology, including Gestalt, Core Energetics, role playing and story telling.
- Focused time for your own personal work with the retreat leader.
- A community where each person is held with respect and love.
- A reverence for spirit and the mystical journey.
See the currently scheduled Shalom Retreats™.